Let us understand the differences between the very popular three ERP systems – Odoo, SAP B1 and Microsoft Dynamics. Hope everyone is aware of the terms cloud ERP and on-premise ERP and here, SAP B1 is the only on-premises ERP (data stored in-house) whereas the other two solutions are based on Cloud that are hosted on the vendor’s servers. Cloud-based resources management system is trending and next-generation solutions for businesses especially for SMEs, start-ups and mid-sized. On the other hand, on-premise systems require a one-time larger investment.
Some of the important points of comparison between the three are described below depending on their features.
|FEATURES||ODOO||MICROSOFT DYNAMICS||SAP Business One|
|Quotes to order||✓||✓||✓|
|Full customer history||✓||✘||✓|
|ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE|
|Bank interface/automatic sync||✓||✓||✘|
|SEO web pages||✓||✘||✘|
|Schedule and Plan:|
- B2B sales: Odoo includes sub-features like electronic signature, up-selling, cross-selling and subscription management whereas the other two ERP solutions are devoid of it. Besides this, Odoo covers other functionality like quotes to order, online payment and quotation templates whereas one or the other feature is missing in the other two ERP system.
- In-store sales: POS for retail and restaurant can be found for Odoo and SAP B1, whereas it is missing for Microsoft Dynamics.
- Online sales: e-commerce and eBay integration are included in Odoo but only e-commerce feature can be seen SAP B1. On the other side, both are absent from MS Dynamics.
- Odoo and MS Dynamics cover advanced kits, configurable products and matrix items and the latest one is absent for SAP B1.
- Sales flow: Lead scoring feature is absent in both MS Dynamics and SAP B1 whereas Odoo includes Lead scoring besides other features like lead nurturing, lead management, opportunity management, pipeline- and third-party – management.
- Odoo and SAP B1 covers all the communication tools including customer multi-address, calls/email/meetings, VOIP, live chat, full customer history, email templates and opportunities analysis whereas some of these are missing in MS Dynamics.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
- Internal Processes: SAP B1 excludes budgets featuring and MS Dynamics excludes expenses whereas both of these is included in Odoo.
- Daily operations: SAP B1 excludes bank interface/automatic sync whereas Odoo and Dynamics have this feature.
- Invoice Management: Batch Send option is missing for Dynamics whereas Odoo and SAP B1 includes it.
- Actions like mass mailing, blog, SEO web pages, events, marketing automation, contacts segmentation and marketing campaign all are possible with Odoo. On the other hand, some of these features are missing for Dynamics and SAP.
- One can opt for surveys, keyword marketing and visitors tracking through Odoo but all are missing for the other two ERP systems.
- All of the three kinds bear general and routing features. However, product expiration dates and perpetual reports creation cannot be done through MS Dynamics whereas the other two can.
- Among productivity features, only Odoo includes barcode support and customer portal.
- All of the management features are included in Odoo whereas maintenance, PLM, and quality management are missing in the Dynamics and SAP.
- SAP B1 doesn’t comprise a product variant feature for scheduling and planning.
- Odoo consists of all HR module features including recruitment, appraisals, leaves/holidays, fleet management, payroll and expenses while appraisals and the last three are missing for Dynamics, and SAP B1 also doesn’t cover all.
Knowing the comparison, we can now make out how Odoo ERP Software has made the difference for small and medium-sized enterprises by providing a whole package for ERP solutions. On contrary to the other two, Odoo has many additional in-built features that makes it the best to work with. It has great heights and success to reach.